It's important to note that the RoadSave Crash Alert algorithm has been developed to detect a severe impact on the device, which might signal a Serious Car Crash. Please refer to this article for more information: When will a Crash Alert be triggered?. The RoadSave app HAS NOT been developed to detect smaller car crashes, where the driver and/or occupants are not incapacitated eg are able to contact help eg Emergency Medical and or other Assistance Services themselves. Should you be involved in a smaller car crash and would like to request Emergency Medical Services, please make use of the Medical Emergency Button in the app.
Our multi award-winning crash detection technology is revolutionary in many ways, but certain limitations still apply. Please see below:
- A Serious Car Crash WILL NOT be detected if Trip Monitoring is not active during the time of the crash. Please refer to our Trip Monitoring Best Practices guide for more information. Please note the following:
- Some trips might take up to 10 kilometres to start, depending on device settings.
- If Trip Monitoring is active and you're stationary for a certain period of time (+- 3 mins) eg slow moving traffic conditions, Trip Monitoring will end in order to conserve battery.
- The device should be powered on, the RoadSave app has to be enabled and running, and you have to be signed into your "active" account in order for Trip Monitoring to work.
- A Serious Car Crash WILL NOT be detected if the device is destroyed during the crash. The RoadSave app has to upload the crash information to our servers after the crash has been detected, which will not be possible if the device has been destroyed.
- A Serious Car Crash MIGHT NOT be detected if the device is damaged during the crash or otherwise. The RoadSave app has to upload the crash information to our servers after the crash has been detected, which might not be possible if the device has been damaged.
- A Serious Car Crash WILL NOT be detected if mobile data is not available/enabled on the device and/or cellular signal is not available during the time of the crash and/or the crash occurs outside of your mobile network operator’s coverage area. The RoadSave app has to upload the crash information to our servers after the crash has been detected, and requires a successful data connection in order to do so. Please refer to our Crash Alert Best Practices guide.
PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO THE ABOVE MENTIONED LIMITATIONS, ROADSAVE CAN NOT GUARANTEE THAT A SERIOUS CAR CRASH BE DETECTED AT ALL TIMES