To ensure the best possible experience with RoadSave, please follow the guidelines below:
Is Trip Monitoring enabled and working correctly?
- Crash Alert is only possible whilst Trip Monitoring is active. Please refer to our Trip Monitoring Best Practices guide.
- Ensure your device is configured correctly at all times, reference your device's troubleshooting guide:
- We suggest that you regularly open the app to view the last trips monitored.
Is Background App Refresh/Data "On" for RoadSave?
Crash Alert IS NOT possible if mobile data is not available/enabled on your device, please refer to Crash Alert Limitations.
You can verify your background refresh/data settings:
- on iOS by going to Settings > General > Background App Refresh > RoadSave > On
- on iOS by going to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data > RoadSave > On
- on Android by going to Settings > Wireless & networks > Data usage > Cellular data > On
- on Android, from both the Data Usage Menu icon (this can look different depending on device) and the RoadSave icon under App usage, make sure "Restrict background data" is unchecked. Additionally, if you’ve set a cellular data limit, make sure that you have not crossed it recently.
Is your device restricting background data, app, or battery usage?
Some default settings/apps on Android devices are designed to automatically shut down apps and will prevent RoadSave's from running in the background of your device. This can cause gaps in your trip history, but is easily prevented. Use this helpful guide to determine why you're missing trips in Android: Why am I missing trips in Android?
- Third-party apps on iOS and Android that attempt to be Memory boosting, Data compression, task-killing, battery-saving, anti-virus or app management apps can interfere with RoadSave. Please disable them (or add RoadSave to the third-party app's Whitelist or Ignore List).
Are you running the latest version of your device's OS?
Having the most up-to-date operating system on your phone will provide the latest features to support and protect background apps like RoadSave.
You can update your device's OS:
- on iOS by going to Settings > General > Software Update > Download and Install
- on Android by going to Settings > System > About phone > System updates
Are you running the latest version of RoadSave?
We are constantly improving RoadSave and having the latest version will ensure optimal performance.
You can update your version of RoadSave, if needed:
- on iOS by going to App Store > Updates > RoadSave > Update
- on Android by going to Play Store > Settings (at the top left) > My apps > RoadSave > Update
Are you logged into your account?
Make sure you’re signed in to the RoadSave app and using the correct email address.